- Why businesses need to respond to the mobile device market The mobile device market is booming; mobiles and tablets are influencing how we interact in our ever13th Nov 2012
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Human behaviour It"s too easy to just define what digital marketing strategy is, and not look at human behaviour and30th Sep 2012
- Why Graphic Design and Visual Communication is so important in today business creativity The first thing that probably comes to mind is how important your logo is, together with the look an30th Sep 2012
- Digital Marketing is about seeing the bigger picture and is constantly changing A brave statement to make? Well, I constantly get asked why I do what I do and this brings me right 30th Sep 2012
- Business Blogging for SEO and Marketing Blogs are one of the fastest channels of interaction and very cost effective, currently there is a l14th Jun 2012
- Highly Tuned Digital Marketing It's common to hear businesses say their digital marketing mix is no longer effective. This is oft11th Jun 2012
- Is your Social Media & SEO Highly tuned It's common to hear businesses say their digital marketing mix is no longer effective. This is often11th Jun 2012
- over 10 years experience in Digital Marketing Digital landscape is constantly evolving and today, you can reach more customers than ever before11th Jun 2012
- Social Media is taking the Digital Marketing World by Storm Its fair to say that digital marketing is a cost effective approach for any business; and for most b4th Jun 2012
- Do bussinesses realise the full potential of ecommerce solutions There are many businesses that dont realise the full potential of a B2B e-commerce solution, but w22nd Mar 2012
- Digital Marketing 2012 It's going to be an exciting year with the upcoming summer Olympics injecting stimulus into the econ22nd Mar 2012
Digital Marketing is about seeing the bigger picture and is constantly changing
A brave statement to make? Well, I constantly get asked why I do what I do and this brings me right back to why I love technology, creativity, strategy - and why I started my business over a decade ago.
It really comes down to how I approach any task in everyday life and business. I use the top down approach; I like to see the bigger picture and have an understanding of what Im doing. Digital marketing gives me this; it allows me to leverage this to the best of my ability for my clients and get fantastic results.
Marketing is changing constantly; today theres a lot of buzz around social media, online marketing and digital marketing. So the question is how does all this fit together and whats the controversy about SEO dying?
Over the coming months, I intend to share my understanding and experience of the differences that exist and how to get the potential of every channel. Its important to respect that no one, single channel is more important than another - even though weighting is changing constantly. Its not about being academic, its about how we use them and in what combination and sequence. Im not much of an Apple fan, yet I have to agree with the late Steve jobs: success and vision is built on the synergy of both technology and creativity. Marketing is simply an integral process.
I like simplicity, so lets take a look at what digital marketing is!
Any type of marketing revolves around successfully getting the message to your customers. Various methods exist, like inbound and outbound, techniqueswith Push and Pull methods existbut the biggest difference is the clear separation between channels. Digital marketing is using all available channels and not limiting itself to the Internet, whereas Internet marketing is only the Internet. So you could say digital marketing is the sum of all parts.
Some confusion can exist where channels like mobile marketing (two-way) cross over between Internet and digital marketing; the definition does not change. The bigger question is how are you defining your business or services? Do you provide digital marketing or Internet marketing?
The pace of change thats happening at the moment is shocking. Digital marketing is the future; we need to embrace it or lose out. With digital marketing, there is far more potential for greater ROI and, at the end of the day, all businesses want reputation, sustainability and income.
Well take a closer look at all digital marketingchannels and considerations that make up digital marketing.
- Your business website and your business
- Social media the real benefits and platforms
- SEO and its perceived state, controversy
- The value of creative in business and todays marketing
- Your brand a roadmap, business have to react with foresight
- Content marketing that fits with SEO, not against
- Mobile marketing - more achievable then ever; people like app and widgets
- Blogs a perfect vehicle or not? Everything in moderation
- The power of video - has it really hit the main stream yet?
- Email marketing; even though there is still good ROI, there are issues surrounding this including human behaviour
- Podcasts - people still like background personality
- Technology and infrastructure - why change has to happen with pace yet cannot happen overnight
- How web development plays a role in your digital marketing
- Digital marketing VS Internet marketing VS social media " how we live a in multi-disciplinary world Digital marketing plan - how it fits in your business plan and open to constant reviews
- Getting ready for the bigger picture